Re: create user with database and contrib - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: create user with database and contrib
Date
List pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Michal Hlavac wrote:
>> ok, I can add ltree via superuser, but I must grant access for user
>> diplo to every function...

> Did you try what I recommend you ? It should works

Dunno about ltree, but I have found that the default installation of
tsearch2 is unusable by non-superusers because of lack of permissions.
I don't recall the details at the moment, but I think there are some
config tables that need to have permissions granted to PUBLIC.  It's
certainly not the functions, since those have PUBLIC EXECUTE by default.

If ltree has any components that aren't functions, it might need some
work of that kind too.

            regards, tom lane