Re: Removing SSL renegotiation (Was: Should we back-patch SSL renegotiation fixes?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Removing SSL renegotiation (Was: Should we back-patch SSL renegotiation fixes?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> +1 for removing on master and just disabling on back-branches.

> The problem with that approach is that it leaves people hanging in the
> dry if they've uncommented the default value, or changed it. That
> doesn't seem nice to me.

I think at least 99% of the people who are using a nondefault value of
ssl_renegotiation_limit are using zero and so would have no problem with
this at all.  Possibly 100% of them; there's not really much use-case for
changing from 512MB to some other nonzero value, is there?