Re: Adding xreflable - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Adding xreflable
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Well, I would like both the SQL command references and the application
> man pages to have xreflabel text.

I guess my point is that in the other several thousand pages of the docs,
we just use <xref linkend="sql-whatever"/> or <xref
linkend="app-whatever"/>, and it looks fine and works fine.  Why are you
insisting on doing it differently in the release notes?

(I also have a vague memory that we used to use special xref labels for
SQL commands, and got rid of it.  So this seems like undoing history
with no solid reasoning.  That was with the previous doc toolchain of
course, but it's still the case that we don't seem to need this.)

            regards, tom lane