Re: Open 7.3 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Open 7.3 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> I don't even know if "." is allowed in the schema names,

It isn't, and we couldn't invent such a scheme without seriously
diverging from SQL compliance: the next naming level up from schemas is
reserved for catalogs (think databases).  I don't know that we'll ever
support cross-database access, but we shouldn't foreclose the
possibility in pursuit of a naming scheme that doesn't really add very
much value.

You could possibly fake it with schema names like org_postgresql_foo,
but I can't get very excited about that ...