Re: What's the meaning of system column in views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What's the meaning of system column in views
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> # create view aview as select ctid, * from a_table;
> ERROR:  name of column "ctid" conflicts with an existing system column

> If there's no objection I would remove system columns
> from views and allow the second example.

I seem to recall having looked at this awhile back and deciding that it
was harder than it was worth.  But if you can do it I have no objection.
(It might be easier now than it was then; I think there are fewer places
now that have hardwired knowledge about system columns than before.)