Re: cant get pg_dump/pg_restore to behave - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cant get pg_dump/pg_restore to behave
Date
List pgsql-general
"Mike Frysinger" <vapier.adi@gmail.com> writes:
> On 4/20/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Well, the whole thing is pretty strange, because AFAICS pg_dump will
>> never emit an UPDATE on a user table at all.

> this was my understanding of pg_dump as well ...

>> What PG version is this exactly?

> latest version on Fedora Core 6 - 8.1.8

Hmph.  It should pretty much just work ... and there is *definitely* not
any update command visible in the source code.

If there's not anything confidential about your schema, could you send
me the output of "pg_dump -s" on the problem database?  Maybe seeing a
fuller picture will yield a clue.

            regards, tom lane