Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
Re: Recovery Test Framework  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Recovery doesn't have a test framework as yet. I would like to add one
> for this release, especially since we have so much recovery-related code
> being added to the release (and manual testing is so time consuming).

I've been thinking for some time that putting replication into 8.4
has proven to be an unreasonably optimistic goal.  Seeing new
requirements like this one pop up two months after feature freeze
kind of drives the point home.

I think it's time to back off and agree that we should target all this
stuff for 8.5.  I don't want our first release of replication to be
flaky, but I hardly see how it will be anything else if it ships in 8.4.