Re: spinlock support for Sun Studio 12 compiler on linux - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: spinlock support for Sun Studio 12 compiler on linux
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 16:32 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> By and large we don't try to support nonstandard compilers on Linux.

> We support icc on Linux, at least to some degree (buildfarm members
> mongoose and dugong, for example).

Well, that's because (a) someone provided the initial port, and (b)
someone (else?) provided ongoing buildfarm support to see that it
didn't get broken.

If the OP wants to do that work, fine, but don't expect that a complaint
on pgsql-bugs will motivate people who don't have access to the compiler
in question to do anything about it.

            regards, tom lane