Windows default to localhost is in the wrong place - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Windows default to localhost is in the wrong place
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Isn't this fix in the wrong place?

* src/bin/psql/startup.c: >>Also, what is the default connectionmode of psql? It should probably be>>equivalent to "-h
localhost",shouldn't it?>>>>>>Now that is something I had not thought of.  Seems we can assume aWin32>psql can never
useunix domain sockets, so defaulting that tolocalhost>is a good solution too.Andrew Dunstan

ISTM that libpq itself ought to default to localhost, rather than
failing, on machines that don't have Unix sockets.