Re: CommitDelay performance improvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CommitDelay performance improvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I could find the sciript but seem to have missed your change
>> about commit_siblings. Where could I get it ?

> Er ... duh ... I didn't commit it yet.  Well, it's harmless enough
> as long as commit_delay defaults to 0, so I'll go ahead and commit.

In CVS now.

However, it might be well to wait to run tests until we tweak pgbench
to measure the average elapsed time for a transaction.  As you pointed
out earlier today, overall TPS is not the only figure of merit we need
to worry about.