Re: Index ot being used - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index ot being used
Date
List pgsql-performance
Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com> writes:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> Please actually try this before changing anything else.

>    If I follow then I tried it but still got the sequential scan.

Given the fairly large number of rows being selected, it seems likely
that the planner thinks this is faster than an indexscan.  It could
be right, too.  Have you tried "set enable_seqscan = off" to see if
the index is used then?  If so, is it faster or slower?  Comparing
EXPLAIN ANALYZE results with enable_seqscan on and off would be useful.

            regards, tom lane