Re: Call to build-in operator from new operator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Call to build-in operator from new operator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
kim@billes.dk writes:
> I'm trying to develop a new operator for PostGreSQL (actually for TelegraphCQ, which
> is an extension of PSQL). Part of the operator's procedure is the @-operator. So now
> my question is: How do I call the on_pb function from inside my own function?.

DirectFunctionCall2 is probably the least painful way to do it.  You
need to convert the arguments and result to and from Datum, but the
other gruntwork is taken care of by that function.  Look at existing
uses for examples.

> Further, is there a way to access data in tables in the database other than those
> given as arguments to the function? And how?

Only if you do your own query.