Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> I think that it's useful for these things to be handled in an
> adversarial manner, in the same way that litigation is adversarial in
> a common law court. I doubt that Noah actually set out to demoralize
> anyone. He is just doing the job he was assigned.

FWIW, I agree that Noah is just carrying out the RMT's task as assigned.
However, the only thing that Peter could really do about this of his own
authority is to revert 1e8a850, which I certainly think should be the last
resort not the first.  We are continuing to make progress towards finding
a better solution, I think, and since no particular deadline is imminent
we should let that process play out.

I think what Peter should do to satisfy the RMT process is to state that
if no better solution is found by date X, he will revert 1e8a850 (or
somehow mask the problem by removing functionality), and he sees no
need for additional progress reports before that.  Date X could be
sometime early in September, perhaps.
        regards, tom lane