Re: nextval parameter is not clear - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: nextval parameter is not clear
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, 2022-11-24 at 02:41 -0500, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> Alright, as I have the documentation build working, and a slightly better stylesheet,
> the comments on the last block were not aligned.
> They are fixed now.
>
> Apologies for spamming this in...  My first patch turned into 3 emails...

That is no problem.

I think the patch is fine.  I like the addition of the "--" comments.
The one think that should be unified is that you include an explicit
cast to "regclass" everywhere, but the pre-existing example does not.

I would omit that cast.  It might confuse beginners (who are probably
satisfied to know that you have to use the sequence name as a string),
and it is explained in the last paragraph of the page anyway.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe