Re: App very unresponsive while performing simple update - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Brendan Duddridge
Subject Re: App very unresponsive while performing simple update
Date
List pgsql-performance
Further to my issue, the update never did finish. I received the following message in psql:

ssprod=# update product set is_hungry = 'true'  where date_modified > current_date - 10;
ERROR:  deadlock detected
DETAIL:  Process 18778 waits for ShareLock on transaction 711698780;  blocked by process 15784.
Process 15784 waits for ShareLock on transaction 711697098; blocked by process 18778.

This is the second time I've tried to run this query without success.

Would changing the isolation level to serializable in my psql session help with this?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE