AW: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transaction s - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SEV
Subject AW: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transaction s
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So, you see that this idea came not to Oracle only...
>
> I don't object against DDLs inside BEGIN/END.

Yes, I know. All I object against is, that a DDL statement commits
my previous update/insert/delete statements.

> I just mean that it's not required by standard.
> If someone is ready to fix this area - welcome.

imho it is ok, to disallow ddl inside transaction,
until somebody fixes rollback.

> Vadim
> P.S. Is DROP TABLE rollback-able in Informix, Andreas?

Yes.

Andreas