AW: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] users in Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SEV
Subject AW: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] users in Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This is based on the premise that it would somehow be useful to link Unix
> and PostgreSQL users.

This is useful, for a system like postgres, since due to the user types,
some user functions will eventually be executed with a setuid to a specific
unix user.
This may be the function owner, (dba procedure) or the user who is
connected.

> In that case this would certainly be needed.

Yes imho.

> However, this would be a significant step backwards, since
> database users
> are in general not equal to system users, most importantly
> since clients
> might run on completely different systems than the server.

Well , since I need all users as unix users, I do not want
postgres users at all. At the very least I do not want to keep
separate passwords for db users in the db.

Andreas