Re: Buildfarm member Narwhal: Python 2.5/8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buildfarm member Narwhal: Python 2.5/8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> The question in my mind is this: how much do we back-patch to cover new
>> and incompatible releases of software we depend on?

> I guess that depends on the invasiveness - in this case it's a couple of
> simple updates to the regression tests so I think it's probably worth doing.

It's not just the regression tests; there are at least two rounds of
patches in the C code --- plpython.c r1.90, r1.97, maybe r1.100.
Only the first of these has seen any testing "in the wild".

Another objection to patching 8.1 is why stop there ... why not 8.0,
etc?