Re: Python 3.1 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Python 3.1 support
Date
Re: Python 3.1 support
Re: Python 3.1 support
List pgsql-hackers
>> Yes.  That's exactly what I was complaining about upthread.  I'm not
>> a Python user, but from what I can gather of the 2-to-3 changes,
>> having to choose one at package build time is going to be a disaster.

> Agreed. We really need to have a plpython and plpython3.

Peter was concerned about duplicative maintenance effort, but what I
think this patch shows is that (at least for the near future) both
could be built from a single source file.  What we need is configure
and makefile support to do that.