Re: WAL Archiving problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WAL Archiving problem
Date
List pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Norberto_Dell=EA?= <betodelle@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a PostgreSQL 8.2.4 installation running under Windows XP with WAL
> archiving activated.
> But at some point Postgres began to ask to archive a WAL segment that
> isn't in the pg_xlog directory. I thought that a segment that isn't
> succesfully
> archived should remain in the pg_xlog directory, or am i wrong?

Do you have the postmaster log from around the time that this started
happening?  I'm wondering about a file rename() failing, or some such.

What files do you have, exactly, in pg_xlog and pg_xlog/archive_status?
It'd be useful to see their modification timestamps as well as their
names.

            regards, tom lane