Re: Unused pg_class columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unused pg_class columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Pgaccess is referencing system columns that are never set.

I wasn't aware that our standard procedure upon finding a bug was to rip
out the feature, rather than fixing the bug ... this could make life a
*lot* simpler.

If relhaspkey isn't set by table creation, then let's set it.  Easy
enough, and it seems like a clearly useful column.  As for the other
columns at issue, those are not ancient history: they were added in
release 6.4, by Vadim according to the CVS logs.  Perhaps you should ask
him what they are intended for, rather than assuming that they are fair
game for removal.