Re: Third email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Third email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca writes:
>> Dunno why src/include/c.h is not including that automatically on your
>> platform, but that's what to look at.

> I found that out some time today.

FWIW, in current sources <stdarg.h> is included *unconditionally* by
c.h, so your problem should go away in 7.1.  (This may mean that any
remaining not-quite-ANSI platforms will crash and burn ...)  In the
meantime you might check how things work for you if you change c.h to
include <stdarg.h> unconditionally.

>> I've suspected for some time that the conditional include of <varargs.h>
>> near the bottom of c.h is dead code, if not actively pernicious.  But
>> without access to a platform where
>> #if defined(sun) && defined(__sparc__) && !defined(__SVR4)
>> applies, I can't be sure whether to rip it out or not.

> Well, I have a Sun Ultra Enterprise 2 (2 166 MHz UltraSPARCs)
> running Solaris 2.5.1.  If that qualifies as one of these
> platforms, ...

Evidently not, else your hand addition of <varargs.h> wouldn't have
changed anything since it'd already have been included.  I'm guessing
that your compiler predefines __SVR4.

            regards, tom lane