Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> I think we'd better add an extowner column to pg_extension.

> Agreed.  There's no need to have it now but we will add it at some
> point.  So if now is when that works the best for you, I'm happy to see
> that happen :)

BTW, on trying this I notice that pg_dump's default approach to
ownership doesn't work because of the lack of an ALTER EXTENSION
OWNER TO command.  I'm going to go ahead and add extowner to the catalog
anyway, because it's easy and I'm convinced we're going to want it
later.  But I don't feel like writing ALTER EXTENSION OWNER TO right
now, so pg_dump will continue its current behavior of creating the
extension as the user running the script.