Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Pah.  So what we need is a new mode, REGRESSTEST ON or something.

> Well, we could invent that.  But I personally think piggybacking on
> COSTS makes more sense.

I've been eagerly waiting for 8.4 to die so I could stop worrying
about how far back I can back-patch regression test cases using
"explain (costs off)".  It'd be really annoying to have to wait
another five years to get a consistent new spelling of how to do
that.  So yeah, let's stick to using COSTS OFF in the tests.