Re: current breakage with PGCLIENTENCODING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: current breakage with PGCLIENTENCODING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I'm still wondering if you have a postgresql.conf or environment
>> setting that is affecting this.

> It appeared that pg_conversion was empty for unknown reason. That was
> the source of the problem.

Ugh.  I think I have seen that happen too --- if the CREATE CONVERSION
commands fail during initdb, initdb doesn't notice or tell you about it.
It would be a good idea to fix that.  Perhaps the standalone backend
could be extended with a command that tells it to exit with nonzero
status if it gets any error?