Re: ISO 8601 "Time Intervals" of the "format with time-unit deignators" - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ISO 8601 "Time Intervals" of the "format with time-unit deignators"
Date
List pgsql-patches
[ backtracking a little ]

"Ron Mayer" <ron@intervideo.com> writes:
> Tom wrote:
>> I doubt anyone is using it, because it's completely undocumented.
>> If we're going to support the real ISO spec, I'd suggest ripping
>> out any not-quite-there variant.

> I'm happy to look into it.  Rip out completely?  Ifdef?

"Rip" was what I had in mind --- the idea is to simplify the code,
which you will surely agree is too complicated as it stands.  ifdefs
won't simplify the code or make it more understandable, rather the
reverse.

I have no problem with complex code when it's needed, but in this case
the ptype implementation of almost-ISO notation seems to me to affect
much more of the code than it has any right to on a usefulness basis.

            regards, tom lane