Re: BUG #5136: Please drop the string literal syntax for CREATE FUNCTION ... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5136: Please drop the string literal syntax for CREATE FUNCTION ...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Timothy Madden <terminatorul@gmail.com> writes:
> Ok I get it. So Posgres also offers perl and python in addition to SQL.
> But at least for SQL, which is included and defined in the standard, could
> the syntax be made conforming ?

I think you still haven't got the point: there is *no* function language
that we offer that exactly matches what the spec has got.  Not using
string-literal syntax, difficult as that is already, would probably
represent about 1% of the work needed to implement what the spec
suggests.

            regards, tom lane