Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jacob Champion <jacob.champion@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> Maybe we should just make it a policy that *nothing* gets moved forward
>> from commitfest-to-commitfest and therefore the author needs to care
>> enough to register for the next one?

> I think that's going to severely disadvantage anyone who doesn't do
> this as their day job. Maybe I'm bristling a bit too much at the
> wording, but not having time to shepherd a patch is not the same as
> not caring.

Also, I doubt that there are all that many patches that have simply
been abandoned by their authors.  Our problem is the same as it's
been for many years: not enough review person-power, rather than
not enough patches.  So I think authors would just jump through that
hoop, or enough of them would that it wouldn't improve matters.