Re: \d+ for long view definitions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: \d+ for long view definitions?
Date
Re: \d+ for long view definitions?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Using \d on, say, information schema views is completely hilarious
> because the column name/data type information is usually scrolled off
> the screen by the immense view definition.

> Could we change this perhaps so that the full view definition is only
> shown with \d+ when the view definition is longer than N characters or N
> lines or some other suitable cutoff.  Ideas?

The same complaint could be made for any table with more than
twenty-some columns.  Seems like a more general answer would be
for \d output to go through the pager ...