Re: Bug #948: Postgresql server abruptly shutdown now data base doesnt start - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #948: Postgresql server abruptly shutdown now data base doesnt start
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"SALUNKHE,MANDAR (HP-Singapore,ex1)" <mandar.salunkhe@hp.com> writes:
> We have rebooted the server and checked if there is any pid for ipc-daemon
> but there was none.
> Is there any other way to check for "if it has any on-disk state that needs
> to be cleaned up."?

Sorry, I have no idea --- I avoid Windows and have never used Cygwin.

Can you look to see if ipc-daemon is even running?

I'm not sure what debugging tools are available under Cygwin, but if you
have gdb then you could start the postmaster under gdb and then look to
see what the stack trace looks like after it hangs.

            regards, tom lane