Re: Fix disabled triggers with deferred constraints - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix disabled triggers with deferred constraints
Date
Re: Fix disabled triggers with deferred constraints  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:
> About as obscure a bug as you can get - without the patch, disabled
> triggers for deferred constraints get run anyways. The patch is simple and
> works, but the "right" (and more complicated) fix may involve not adding
> the trigger to event->dte_item to begin with.

I remember looking at this issue and not doing anything because I
couldn't decide whether the test for enabled status should occur when
the trigger is queued or when it is executed --- or, perhaps, both?
Is there anything in the standard about it?

            regards, tom lane