Re: Determine the date a table was defined/created. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Determine the date a table was defined/created.
Date
List pgsql-novice
"David Monarchi" <david.e.monarchi@gmail.com> writes:
> I believe the date a table is defined is stored in one of the system
> catalogs.

You're mistaken.

You might be able to estimate it by comparing the table OID to the OIDs
of other tables --- that would at least give you a fix on the order of
creation.  But there's no timestamp as such.

If you have faithfully maintained PITR archives covering the time period
in question, then the information is theoretically available from those,
but I'm not aware of any tools that would easily pull it out for you.

            regards, tom lane