Re: get rid of psql welcome message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Shane Ambler:
>> What if the actual welcome message can be defined in the .psqlrc ?
>> Something along the lines of -
>>
>> WELCOME_MESSAGE="Welcome to <VERS_PSQL> - <VERS_SERVER>\n<SSL_INFO>"

> You can do most of this already.

It seems rather overdesigned anyway, considering that there's been
exactly zero field demand for a customizable banner.  The only reason
the idea even came up was that Peter proposed a switchable banner as
a compromise between different desires.  But I think we've pretty much
got consensus that everyone is happy with reducing the help text to
"type "help" for help", so there's really no need for customizing.