Re: pgsql: Enable script to generate preproc.y in build process. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Enable script to generate preproc.y in build process.
Date
Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Enable script to generate preproc.y in build process.  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-committers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 05:39:49PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wonder how many other projects' code will break?

> Me too. The ecpg.trailer code was just copied from the old preproc.y so I guess
> this bug has been in before we moved to the new automatic build.

If so then we would need to back-patch, but if I'm correctly identifying
the corresponding code in 8.3, it has a semicolon where expected.

> Could we get one of the buildfarm members to upgrade to bison 2.4?
> Even if we now compile through cleanly on that one test system, I'd
> rather have a regular build using this new version.

Yeah, this would be a good idea.

            regards, tom lane