Re: pgmigrate from command line for visual basic - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgmigrate from command line for visual basic
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Buchanan, Kimba [mailto:Kimba.Buchanan@info-engineering.com]
Sent: 17 May 2002 16:04
To: pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-hackers] pgmigrate from command line for visual basic

We are migrating from MSACCESS MDB to PostgreSQL DB.  I have downloaded the PGADMIN II and PG MIGRATE tools and find them very useful and successful in the effort.  However,  we do not want to give the transition team the capability that PGADMIN II has…  Is there any visual basic or command line equivalent to PG MIGRATE outside of PGADMIN II.

No, there is no way of doing this at the moment. However, if you have the time and inclination, the Migration Wizard is fairly stand-alone and it shouldn't be too difficult to build into a very basic host application for standalone use. The source code can be found at http://cvs.pgadmin.org/.

Regards, Dave.