Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3
Date
Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3  (Andrei Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-bugs
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> I made some beautification of the patch by Andrei.  I also removed the
> part which changes the target list for estimate_num_groups().  Any
> objections to pushing this?

It seems moderately likely that this will break as much as it fixes.

I've not studied the original patch enough to understand why you need
to be playing strange games with tree mutation rules, but I suspect
that this is band-aiding over some rather fundamentally bad code.

            regards, tom lane