Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Date
Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
List pgsql-hackers
> Others: Now is the time to raise concerns related to the proposed file
> formats and tooling, so please do have a look when you have a moment.
> At this stage, the proposed data format seems a good choice to me.

It's not very clear to me what the proposed data format actually is,
and I don't really want to read several hundred KB worth of patches
in order to reverse-engineer that information.  Nor do I see
anything in the patch list that obviously looks like it updates
doc/src/sgml/bki.sgml to explain things.

So could we have an explanation of what it is we're agreeing to?