Re: changing log_min_duration_statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: changing log_min_duration_statement
Date
List pgsql-general
Ben Chobot <bench@silentmedia.com> writes:
> On Jan 19, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Devrim G�ND�Z wrote:
>> Also, a distro (Gentoo) has 2 conf files which overrides some settings
>> in postgresql.conf -- you may suffer from something similar.

> Not to my knowledge. I'm on debian, and I'm editing the file listed in config_file. And, like I said, changing other
valuesin that file works.

Another possibility is that the value was set on the postmaster command
line (ie, in the startup script) or via ALTER DATABASE or ALTER USER.
IIRC any one of those would override the config file, though of course
the latter two only for some sessions.

You might try looking at the pg_settings row for the variable to see
what it says the source is.

            regards, tom lane