Re: psql or pgbouncer bug? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql or pgbouncer bug?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jakub Ouhrabka <jakub.ouhrabka@comgate.cz> writes:
> Tom:
>>> Looks like the disconnect was because pgbouncer restarted.  If that
>>> wasn't supposed to happen then you should take it up with the
>>> pgbouncer folk.

> The restart of pgbouncer was intentional, although made by someone else,
> so the disconnect is ok. What's not ok is the "UPDATE 153" message after
> message with connection lost and the fact that the UPDATE was committed
> to database without explicit COMMIT. Maybe pgbouncer issued the commit?

The message ordering doesn't surprise me a huge amount, but the fact
that the update got committed is definitely surprising.  I think
pgbouncer has to have done something strange there.  We need to pull
those folk into the discussion.

            regards, tom lane