Re: Showing index details with \d on psql - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Showing index details with \d on psql
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:
>> Quick question - where are all these handy 'pg_get_indexdef' and friends
>> functions documented???

> I think they aren't documented because we'd rather not have them exposed
> to users, since they might change whenever it seems convenient.  Whether
> this is a good strategy is another question.

My take is that they aren't documented because Jan didn't bother to
document them :-(.  I think we're much better off encouraging
applications to use these functions rather than burrowing around
in the system catalogs for themselves, which seems the only alternative.

            regards, tom lane