Re: In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table
Date
List pgsql-performance
Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> writes:
> I am concerned that the deafening lack of any replies to my original
> message is a result of folk glancing at your original quick reply and
> thinking... incomplete problem spec...ignore... when that is not that
> case - yes I should have muttered "9.2" in the original email, but we
> have covered that now.

No, I think it's more that we're trying to get to beta, and so anything
that looks like new development is getting shuffled to folks' "to
look at later" queues.  The proposed patch is IMO a complete nonstarter
anyway; but I'm not sure what a less bogus solution would look like.

            regards, tom lane