Re: Error dydl : image not found when trying to install pg on Catalina - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error dydl : image not found when trying to install pg on Catalina
Date
List pgsql-general
cecile rougnaux <cecile_rougnaux@hotmail.com> writes:
> I upgraded my system to Catalina 10.15.7 and now I get an  error with dyld : image not found when trying to install
postgresql:

> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.70.dylib

This seems like a bug in the Homebrew formula for postgresql, which
you should report to wherever they designate for formula problems
(hint: not here).  It's made postgres dependent on a version of
libicu that it hasn't requested to be installed.

It's possible that you could work around this by manually installing
that libicu version first.  But there could be other version-skew
problems lurking behind this one, so prodding the formula maintainer
seems to be the easiest path.

            regards, tom lane