Re: vacuum analyze hurts performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: vacuum analyze hurts performance
Date
List pgsql-general
aderose <aderose@tripology.com> writes:
> Starting with a database where analyze has never been run I get worse
> performance after running it -- is there something I'm missing?

Well, not basing such a sweeping statement on a single query example
would be a good start ;-).  This particular plan might have got a little
worse but I'm sure some further investigation would show other cases
that got better.

If you want to nudge it back towards the indexscan plan, reducing
random_page_cost a bit would probably do the trick.  But that's
definitely not a parameter you want to adjust on the basis of only
one test case.

            regards, tom lane