Re: table partitioning and access privileges - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: table partitioning and access privileges
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
> Thanks for updating the patch! Barring any objection,
> I will commit this fix and backport it to all supported versions.

Sorry for not having paid closer attention to this thread, but ...
is back-patching this behavioral change really a good idea?

It's not that hard to imagine that somebody is expecting the old
behavior and will complain that we broke their application's security.
So I'd have thought it better to fix only in HEAD, with a
compatibility warning in the v13 release notes.

I'm afraid it's much more likely that people will complain about
making such a change in a minor release than that they will be
happy about it.  It's particularly risky to be making it in what
will be the last 9.4.x release, because we will not have any
opportunity to undo it in that branch if there is pushback.