Re: drop tablespace error: invalid argument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: drop tablespace error: invalid argument
Date
Re: drop tablespace error: invalid argument
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Otto <asche@me.com> writes:
>>> ERROR:  could not read directory "pg_tblspc/16464": Invalid argument
>>> STATEMENT:  DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
>>
>> Hmm ... can't reproduce this here, not even on OSX.  From the version
>> number I suspect you are using unreleased Snow Leopard.  I'd venture
>> it's a newly-introduced kernel bug and you need to talk to Apple about
>> it.

> Thank you Tom. I will file a bugreport at Apple.

Hey Jan, did you get any response to that bug report?  Somebody else
dug up a document suggesting that this might be intentional on Apple's
part:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-11/msg00040.php

If he's right, we have a nontrivial problem here :-(