Re: ./configure argument checking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ./configure argument checking
Date
Re: ./configure argument checking  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> IIRC it was made a non-fatal warning somewhere near the end of the
>> output, but I'm not sure...

> It spits out this line just before it creates its output files:
>     *** Option ignored: --with-lkjasdf

Of course, since it spits out pages and pages of normally-useless trivia,
we've all become conditioned to ignore configure's output as long as it
doesn't actually fail :-(

Not sure what to do about that --- I doubt that raising this warning to
error would be a good idea, seeing how firmly the upstream developers
believe it shouldn't even be a warning.  Is there any sort of "quiet
mode" possible that would report only warnings?  Would it be a good idea
if it were possible?