Re: partitioning using dblink - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: partitioning using dblink
Date
List pgsql-general
Scara Maccai <m_lists@yahoo.it> writes:
> Is there a "specific" reason why views can't be part of an inheritance tree?
> I mean: it's that we "don't want" it or it would be just difficult to implement?

It would certainly require a lot of rethinking of assumptions, in the
planner and elsewhere.  I have no good idea of how large the actual
patch might end up being if it were attempted.  But it's not something
that's high on anyone's wish-list, and there's a chance that it could
interfere with development of inheritance behaviors that people *do*
care about (like partitioning).

            regards, tom lane