Re: New features for pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New features for pgbench
Date
Re: New features for pgbench  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 20:32 -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
>> -x:  Generate extended detail in the latency log, including a timestamp
>> for each transaction

> I wonder if it's worth just making this the default.

Does this have any impact on the reported results (by slowing pg_bench
itself)?  If not, then doing it always would be OK, but I'm not
convinced about that ...

> Feature additions are usually severely frowned up in stable release
> branches, but the standard for contrib/ changes is lower,

No, it isn't.  This is *not* a candidate for back-porting.

            regards, tom lane