Re: pipe chunks protocol - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pipe chunks protocol
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Yeah, what I did was to wind back the chunk size - try 128 and you'll
> see plenty of chunked messages :-) But we really need to do this with
> installcheck-parallel to exercise it properly.

Doh, of course.  I ran installcheck-parallel with log_statement = all
and the chunk size reduced to 64, and saw no apparent problems.
So that gives me at least enough confidence to apply it to HEAD.

>> (The
>> patch seems to need some adjustment to apply against 8.2, though.)

> I know we normally try not to do this, but I'd be happy to wait for the
> back branches in this case.

[confused...] How do you envision proceeding exactly?

            regards, tom lane