Re: Reorganization of the translation files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Reorganization of the translation files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I was thinking about organizing the translation files in a more efficient
> manner. (not for 8.0, obviously)
> [snip]
> And it would easily solve issues like translatable strings
> appearing in the pgport library, which has no makefile structure to support
> translations (which would be a waste for like 5 strings), and no run-time
> support either.

Sounds like a win to me on that grounds alone; but probably the
translators need to have the biggest say here, since they'll be affected
the most.

One question is whether the gettext code is markedly less efficient when
accessing a large .mo file than a small one; if so, the consolidation
would probably hurt client performance.